The Lakers traded away reigning sixth man of the year Lamar Odom and a future second round pick over the weekend to their rival the Dallas Mavericks for a 2012 first round pick and an $8.9 million trade exception. “I don’t like it” Kobe Bryant was quoted as saying. Trade exceptions are complicated to explain, but from what I can gather, the exception would help in facilitating a Dwight Howard deal. I’m with Kobe on this one.
Here are some rumors and signings from over the weekend and today.
- If the Clippers deal for Chris Paul falls through, they would like to extend Eric Gordon, tweets ESPN.com’s Chris Broussard
- According to Kate Fagan, The Sixers are looking to deal Mareese Speights
- O.J. Mayo is rumored to be on the move to Indiana for Josh McRoberts and Brandon Rush, according to Mike Wells
- The Warriors signed DeAndre Jordan to a 4-year $42.7 million offer sheet. The Clippers have 3 days to match and likely will, according to the LATimes
- The Timberwolves are finalizing a 4-year deal with free agent guard J.J. Barea, according to David Aldridge
- Chauncey Billups is “tired of being the good guy,” according to NESN
- The Pacers signed free agent forward David West to a 2-year, $20 million deal and it makes sense, says Bob Kravitz
- The Knicks are eyeing Jamal Crawford, according to the NYPost