The Dallas Mavericks used a 17-2 run with less than five minutes remaining to force overtime against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Thunder collapse bled into overtime where Jason Kidd hit a big corner three that took the life out of the Ford Center, as the Mavs stunned the Thunder 112-105. Led by the magnificent and acrobatic Dirk Nowitzki, who finished with 40 points, the Mavs ended the game on a 28-6 run to take game four and a 3-1 series lead in the Western Conference Finals. The Thunder will travel to Dallas for game five on Wednesday night.
Some key stats/storylines that you’ll hear tomorrow morning:
- Russell Westbrook: 7-22, six turnovers
- Lack of effectiveness with the Westbrook/Durant pick and roll
- Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion’s defense on Kevin Durant
- Youth on a big stage
- Dirk: 4 straight games with double digit points in fourth quarter/second 40 point game of series
- James Harden fouling out with 5 minutes left
- 17-2 run to send game to OT.
- 28-6 run after being down 99-84 with under 5 minutes remaining in regulation
- 55-33 Thunder rebounding advantage
- Thunder: 26 turnovers
- Dallas: 5-2 on the road this post season